Monday, 15 April 2013

Auntyji Auntyji !!! Get Up And Dance :)

Recently, when i was listening to the song "Auntyji" from the film "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tuu", i felt that a tribute had to be paid from my side to all the aunties in this world........

Aunty is a word used by the younger generation in India to call a married lady with kids....... They can be found almost everywhere (It is as if they are omnipresent)...... In the local buses with a heavy purse hanging on their shoulders, in the markets haggling with the vegetable and fruit vendors, in the schools paying a visit to the teachers and asking their kids to behave properly, in the doctors offices with their sick children and with a tear trickling down their cheeks..........

I vividly remember those golden days when my father's sister, whom i call as aunty, instead of calling her as "Athai" in Tamil, stayed in my home for a few weeks........ She was the first person who inspired me as an aunty......... The way in which she used to mix the rice and sambhar for me by using the entire fingers of her hand, how she used to let me watch tv only after i had finished my homework, she was the main reason why i and my brother started to hate brinjals (my mother blames her for this even now)...... She was both a strict and a caring person..........

Aunties are the next people who take care of us........ Be it the neighbourhood aunties, those who are gossip experts, or our friends mothers, always asking us to take care of ourselves and not letting us fall into trouble....... They are the next persons who we look up after our parents.......

If you go to your friend's house, you'll be treated by his/her mother as the next child in the family...... You will be entitled to delicious foods and the affection which you get can never be compared with anything else....... I have felt the same when i visited two of my friend's houses........

But there are a few aunties who will surely be hated by everyone, because of their nature...... They try to break our friendships and also spread unnecessary gossips in the neighbourhood.......

All this is due to the care they show towards their children....... Yes........ Gossips are common among the neighbourhood, but it is upto you to rise among all of them and prove them wrong..........

I myself have hated my neighbouring aunties a lot......... It was because they used to see me as if i was an alien from an outer planet, since i was studying in a CBSE school....... I never gave heed to that and went on with my respective work.........

Whatever !!! All i wish to say is that aunties are an integral part of our society........ They must be treated with dignity, irrespective of the fact whether they are literate or not.......... They are the angels of our lives, other than our parents and teachers........

And........ A note for all the girls out there....... Don't feel bad or angry when boys call you as "Aunties"...... It is just to state that you people are going to become the next angels of our society, the ones who'll be admired and adored by the generations to come.........